Monday, May 13, 2013

An article by my business partner...

Recently published on Forbes.com, was an article written by my business partner, Wil Schroter. The article, '5 Things Founders Don't Talk About', hit on many aspects relatable to my own life.



Feeling alone in your startup, without anyone who truly understands what you are going through... been there.

Constant questioning of whether or not I am doing the right thing for my business... been there.

Debt because of a business and the stress that goes along with it... unfortunately, I've been there.

Pending doom of a startup that is about to fail... been there. The doom is worse than once you have actually failed. After the startup failure, you pick back up and make things happen, which usually comes with positive vibes.

Being the captain of a sinking ship, as Wil refers to it... been there. It's a risk you take as the ship's captain. You may find the new world or you may go down with the ship while all of your men swim to shore.

Fortunately, I have quite a few good friends who are also founders, but it's important for all of us to make a mental note to share these things with one another.

To read Wil's article, click here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/theyec/2013/05/10/5-things-founders-dont-talk-about/